WHY ORGANIZATION MATTERS
January 10th, 2017
Looking to freshen up your space? With the advice and supplies from Keep Safe Storage you will have the equipment and skills to organize every room in your house. When your keys go missing or you can’t find your power suit for your meeting, you understand why organization matters. Use the steps below to help make your space efficient.
- Keep the top of your coffee table clutter free to make the room look organized. If you need extra storage in your living room, add pull out boxes under the coffer table.
- No reason to keep old magazines. Keep them all in one place and when the stack gets to high, it’s time to make some cuts!
- Make it a habit to take your shoes off in the bedroom or by the door and take them directly to the closet. Don’t let shoes and coats clutter your entryway.
- Keep things clean. Run a dust rag once a week or vacuum those odd areas every now and then. Tackling one task a week will help keep your living room in tip top shape.
- Your clothes can take over your room very fast. Make edits to your wardrobe of items you haven’t worn in an extended period of time.
- Don’t let clutter build up on flat surfaces like the dresser, nightstand or seating areas. Take time to put away clothes and tidy up before you go to bed.
- Adding cubbies, boxes, or a storage ottoman at the foot of the bed is a creative way to store belongings out of sight.
- Pick an organization plan to follow when hanging your clothes, color coded, style or by occasion. Whichever system you choose, stick to it.
- Get rid of old papers. Go through your files at least once a month to cycle out old bills and junk files that are slowing you down.
- Use drawer dividers to keep notepads and other office supplies readily available instead of being buried.
- Use the wall to hang bulletin boards, calendars and reminders to yourself.
- At the end of everyday reorganize your space. Put items back in their home and start the next day refreshed and ready to go!
GARAGE / MUDROOM:
- Designate a spot in your garage as the mudroom. Adding shelves, a bench, and a shoe shelf by the door to the house makes an instant mudroom and keeps the dirt out of the house.
- Magnetic strips help keep screw drivers and metal tools off the work bench and easily located.
- Use over head space to store decorations and seasonal items.
- Add shelves to help keep the floor clutter free.
Stay organized the whole year with these easy steps. Keep Safe Storage is here with the advice you need to keep your belongings in their homes. Stop in to see how we can help you!