Storing your vehicle or RV? Keep Safe Storage is here to help all our customers with suggestions for storing those hard to store items. Automotive items require different storage techniques then most other supplies you may store. Our West Haven CT car storage tips set you and your RV or car up for a successful storing experience. Check what you need to know before storing in cooler weather.
Tips you need to know for car storage
- Washing your car is a great place to start. While you are cleaning, if you notice any areas that need extra attention make a note to come back and fix them.
- Make sure all windows and doors are secure and shut. To avoid a smelly car in the spring, a box of baking soda will absorb any unwanted smells.
- What do you do to prevent flat spots? Jacks can be useful or simply inflate the tires to the maximum psi.
- Fill up the tank with the appropriate mixture of gas and stabilizer.
- Checking up on your car in storage is not a bad idea, however try not to start your car. It may be tempting but it will undo all your winterizing.
- Do not forget about the battery. The cold temperatures can zap the life out of this important part and cause some trouble in the spring.
These car storage tips will get you started storing after the last road trip. Even though our West Haven CT storage facility is not capable of storing your RV or vehicle but we are happy to help you store your personal items as well as your business supplies. Our large drive up units make storing hassle free as well as our small units. If you need assistance choosing the right storage unit, stop by our office or give us a call.